Wednesday 15 August 2012

What do?

So, what do toddlers, german shepherd puppies and wombats have in common? They ALL take plants out of pots. After managing to save my plants from the odd wombat that visits on the deck and the dogs, they now have to fend off a toddler. Alas, if they survive this, they are the strongest pot plants I know of:). The dogs got an ear lashing of 'don't do this', and then for me only to later in the afternoon come across one toddler pulling out the plants I had so delicately re potted earlier in the day! This was then of course followed by a tantrum as she was told to leave it. Remind me why we have children? Its certainly not for the peace and quiet, that I can tell you:).

I have no idea of what is going on with the wombats, maybe they know spring is on the way and warmer weather, who knows but their habits have changed drastically over the last week or two. We only see Boney Bum every night, still no Veg and Daphne comes every few nights. I think I have figured out where Barney has gone (or the burrow should I say).  Its strange that so suddenly, their routines have changed and we are talking creatures of habit here. Like I said, maybe they know spring is on the way as it certainly feels like it today. Nights are still very cold though. My first thought is oh no, snakes will be coming out soon. That is one brilliant thing about winter, no snakes to watch out for. In a few weeks, every stick will be a potential threat when walking:).

No comments:

Post a Comment