Wednesday 8 February 2012

Harry senior has left the building

Well, tonight should be interesting. Not only do we have Boney Bum, a male jumping into the enclosure area to visit another male and I mean just 'visit', no fighting - we now have Harry senior who decided to leave the main enclosure area this morning and go and start his life in the bush. I am unsure if he is still under the house at present but will see what happens on dusk tonight. Harry is clearly ready to go out into the bush but he has done this before, maybe this time he will find his own burrow and stay out. Veg is under the house too so this will ensure a lot of screaming later I've no doubt. And lots of rain forecast - Harry has picked his time although he is not afraid of getting wet or muddy so he is not a fair weather wombat. You can rescue and rehabilitate wombats for eternity and I reckon never be able to learn enough or to stop learning about these creatures.

Indy is going to turn out well. She barked at 4am this morning. Went to have a look and there was a young fox at the feed station in the shadows. Nothing passes her, just like Bella. Fox didn't last long needless to say which is good. She has settled in very well with Bella and adores Madam J. I think I have reached my limit though - although somebody remind me that I said that 3 months down the line *lol*. Our new recruit Winnie is also going very well. Didn't bother her that her flooded burrow has turned to mush. She was hardly recognisable yesterday morning but appeared quite happy. You can hear the mud balls clink clink as she ran:). 

No comments:

Post a Comment