Thursday 27 September 2012

One more thing on my mind actually.....

While I say there are a lot of people who don't care about wildlife or if they hit and kill a kangaroo (some applaud themselves sadly) there is a very large percentage of people who do in fact care about the wildlife and I believe a percentage which is increasing thankfully. The rather 'red neck' attitude towards Australian wildlife is not something to be proud of anymore.

.....And I need to explain something more clearly as I've had comments of 'maybe they didn't know the wombat was dead'. Sadly they would have. There are 'pockets' in rural Australia where animals of all kinds are just despised. Why? Maybe its people's upbringing, who knows but it exists very strongly in some areas. Therefore, some of the places we deal with, the animals are specifically target on the road sides. For example, it is not uncommon to get a call from a very distressed family or person who is driving in one of these particular areas to call the after hours number saying that they are behind somebody who has intentionally swerved and done this. And then driven off to the local pub for a drink and left the animal alive. Why am I telling you this? Who knows, maybe it will just make people more aware, I don't know. Maybe make some people think to become nicer human beings, lets hope so:). 

No comments:

Post a Comment