Wednesday 10 October 2012

Bee careful - I told you so!

I'm learning that as a mother, you can say things over and over but eventually you just have to let 'nature' take its course:). One said toddler experienced her first bee sting today - and as much as I don't want to sound like my own mother - I said it *aarrgghhhh* - I told you so *lol*. Oh what a drama, truly. She has been bitten by a wombat (another I told you so lesson) and cried for 20 seconds, if that. This time round, oh my word, I reckon the birds are deaf! I was showing her the gorgeous tree with its spring blossoms, clearly this outing missed the point for her. Maybe tomorrow......

And why do we feed baby's formula? Truly. What you put in with a bottle, just comes out both ends! The formula companies must be laughing:). Have also made a mental note to not buy any new furniture or carpets until said daughters are at least 21 *lol*. And people think wombats are destructive - they have competition apparently.

Miss G - she is doing my head in. I have never seen a wombat react the way she has after being attacked. She took a claw off last night and when this happens to a wombat, the amount of blood which flows is just amazing. It looked like she had lost so much but on seeing the claw gone, it all made perfect sense.

Veg - she is doing okay. Her little one in the pouch continues to grow and kick so its doing well. Veg's wound will still be a long time in healing. All up she took about 5 stitches (10cm) out but the wound is looking good and the vet is pleased with her progress. With the warmer weather it will be not so much fun as we have to keep her out of the reach of flies so it will be night time walks with her until the wound is completely sealed over.

The other attacked males here are doing much better. Harry met (no not Sally) but Moses the other afternoon. Moses won, he got the burrow:). Soldier does not even bother with the younger males now. He knows that he can put them out of action by just sitting on them with his size.

Right, off to do enclosures.
PS: have you bought a wombat calendar for 2013 from NARG yet? If not, please do so:)

No comments:

Post a Comment