Saturday 12 November 2011

Weekend flys by as normal

So having a sleep in with a 1 year old daughter is not possible so Madam J and I were up at 6:30am. Of course, then the wombats wake up too, the younger ones and everybody wants a play, bottle, etc. So after Jade it was wombats as normal. Then a bit of brush cutting followed by shopping. Before I left though, I got an email from N up the road which made me smile. The antics of wombats never cease to amaze me or make me laugh.

Barney goes between our property and N's property. Why, I am not sure but he just does. A wombat doesn't need a reason. But for N, this is how her night went. I got off lightly:)

Ok... what a night/early morning.

He's ventured down here and started systematically tearing the house apart from about 4am in a fair mood, and I mean mood!

Here I was excited to see him as started throwing himself against windows, tearing off flywire screens, deliberately up end bowls and shoes ... you name it!

To save the house, I managed to get him into his pen (i.e.... walked outside which caused him to go even more ape shit and chase me to his enclosure).   That worked all of about an hour, until he got out and I heard an almighty commotion around 5:30am and he's going nuts at Chop and the joey chasing them around the paddock before coming back to the house and starting to deliberately put out the fencing!  He's become a friggin madman.

Long story short, managed to limit the carnage and its now 6am and he's wondered off but not in your direction.  I'll give it another hour or so before I back outside to stocktake the damage but holy crap, when hurricane Barney comes to town he doesn't mess about.  Is he this outrageous at your place??

N

No comments:

Post a Comment