Monday 19 December 2011

Rabbit proof veggie boxes?

Righto, so I have done the right thing and bought raised garden beds to prevent the cute little bunny rabbits from taking the veggies which I am growing. These are placed in front of the verandah outside my bedroom window. Now, what I did NOT envisage happening was what I saw last night.

I could not sleep last night, no matter how hard I tried. I stopped looking at the clock at 1am as it was just making me cranky. About 2am the sensor light came on and I heard the familiar pitter patter of wombat feet on the verandah. I waited to see who it was, could either be Vegimite or Boney Bum. It was Veg. The next thing I saw was Veg's bum, leaning over the verandah, helping herself to the carrots from the vegetable garden!!! Of course she didn't take one, oh no, at least 4 were sampled and one finally was good enough to take with her:). Lets see what happens tonight as I've no doubt Boney Bum will discover them now too. The verandah will be busy tonight as we've had lots of rain today, over 35mls so the verandah becomes the dry place to be on these nights. This could mean you may find your work boot half way up the drive, Bella's dog bed in a different position (much to Bella's disgust), rearranging of any items on the deck - always a pleasure to have them around:).

Tomorrow I have to venture into the Christmas shopping playground which I am dreading slightly. Its the week before Christmas, why do we always do this, leave it until the last minute:)?

No comments:

Post a Comment