Saturday 21 January 2012

Faithful four legged friend

If you ever want the most incredible dog in the world, get a german shepherd. Bella is turning into the most amazing dog. She now even prompts my moves each day. She knows what I'm going to do and knows my schedule. She is about 15 months old now and just wonderful. Full of love and has the most amazing temperament. If ever you want a good all round dog, contact her breeders at Monsimbee and Karen is the lady to speak to. I am so tempted to get another one but for now I reckon I have enough on my plate ha ha ha. Sat and watched Daphne around midnight last night. Couldn't sleep again. She was wet from the rain but not bothered by it, quite relaxed. The storms passed after dark yesterday. They are building up now again.

Miss G is forgetting where her enclosure is at night and has spent today in Mia's one with Mia. We will have to move her later on back into hers. Miss G escaped one night and came back 2 days later screaming and with heat exhaustion. She doesn't have the brain capacity to find a burrow it seems. She is a 'slow' wombat and sometimes it looks like nobody is home in her eyes. But Miss G is Miss G and does her own thing. Just have to teach her to find her own enclosure at night somehow.  She has her daily routine and if you introduce anything new it has to be very very slowly for her to put it into her schedule, then she can adjust. Buzz, I'm not sure what is happening with him. Something tells me in my gut that he is a very old wombat somehow. He is still progressing slowly but has lost a lot of weight, as they do when they are sick. Wombats can drop weight very quickly. His wounds are healing well still but they are still a long way off healing completely. Some of the wounds from the attack were right into the muscle with some muscles in his shoulder torn. I am feeding him at night to ensure he gets extra nutrition but he is still eating a lot of grass and drinking water on his own which is good. It will be a slow process for him to recover which will take his body time to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment