Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year, may 2012 be the year for you to thrive;)

Have named the new male wombat Buzz. Why - because of all the flies buzzing around him when he was found. I am not sure that he is going to pull through but I am trying my best. These animals are so so unbelievably strong and when you see one trying to hold on, you cannot imagine the strength it must take them. No human being would be able to cope with what they cope with. Maybe that is where my admiration for the species comes from, I don't know. Still no sign of Barney either. I see some of the females every night but not Barney sadly. Hopefully he will show his furry face soon. I do worry when I have not seen recently released ones for a while, although they do come back to the house if they need help - so damn clever they are.

Well, Madam J and I spent most of the day in or under water *lol* after having a sleep in. The little human alarm only woke up at 8:35am - completely unheard of!!! Although she did have me up at 4am. Once she went back to sleep, I went and swopped wombats, knowing it was going to be a very hot day, had some milo and then went back to bed, expecting to be woken up in the next hour:).

It was a stinker out here and will be again tomorrow. It reached 34 degrees in the shade this afternoon. So we both paddled away in her pool on the verandah, was just great. She is now sound asleep after her day. We also went into town, got some things, and I did a heap of mowing this evening once it had cooled down a bit. I'm getting the creek area back, it is fantastic and the grass that is now coming through is wonderful to see. Its hard work now but once its done, it will just be a matter of maintaining the area.  Going to go and think about dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment