Thursday 14 June 2012

Hmmm, we now have new medication for Johnson and its his last hope. He has until the weekend to respond, otherwise I am going to have to do the kindest thing for him and put him down. He has no more reserves, his body temperature has dropped substantially which means his system is really struggling. If a bacteria or infection can do this to his system, one has to think what would happen out in the wild? Would his immune system stand up to the stress of being a male out in the bush. If the answer is no, it is cruel to release, bottom line. I have to consider whether his system is strong enough, let alone him as a wombat. The saddest part is that he was due to be released but maybe in hindsight, this coming out now prevents him from having a horrible death ultimately in the wild. A catch 22 situation and a gut wrenching one to make for him but its for him, that is what I have to keep telling myself, not about how I feel. One of the hardest parts of doing this volunteer work. So the next few days until the weekend will be the course for him. I hope so much that he responds to this medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment